DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE WORK STUDY
Cristo Rey San Diego High School seeks a mission-driven, innovative, collaborative, and community-centered Director of Corporate Work Study. The Director will spend a “launch year” preparing the corporate work study program for the school’s first class of 120 9th-grade students in the Summer of 2020.
About the School:
Cristo Rey San Diego High School will be a 9-12 Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a professional work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey San Diego High School will be a part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve under-served youth. As a part of the Cristo Rey Network, Cristo Rey schools adhere to a set of Mission Effectiveness Standards to protect the integrity of the model and articulate the shared mission. Cristo Rey San Diego High School (CRSDHS) is scheduled to welcome a class of freshman students to its campus in the summer of 2020. One freshman class will be added annually until a full capacity of roughly 500 students is reached in the fall of 2023.
In addition to completing a college-preparatory curriculum, Cristo Rey High School students are employed by the Cristo Rey San Diego Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) and are required to spend five days per month in a professional, entry level position. The CWSP is a unique feature of the Cristo Rey model. It is an employment agency that trains students for employment and markets their services, enabling students to earn roughly half the cost of their education through a job-sharing partnership with their classmates to cover full-time, Monday through Friday positions. Through the CWSP, Cristo Rey San Diego students will provide valued service to some of the most prestigious institutions in San Diego, where they will also find mentors and forge the networks fundamental to their future success. CWSP participation is a critical component of every Cristo Rey student’s education, a connection that is made explicit through a curriculum that bridges each student’s corporate and classroom experiences.
The Director of Corporate Work Study leads all aspects of the CWSP and will have primary responsibility for planning, managing, and executing all related activities. This includes cultivating new client relationships and stewarding existing client relationships to ensure the retention and growth of its client base. The Director’s main goal is to achieve full and meaningful employment for all Cristo Rey San Diego High School students. The most critical factor for retaining and growing these relationships is supporting each student’s job performance. As such, the Director is integrally involved in and ultimately accountable for the execution of day-to-day operations. This includes, but is not limited to, sales, customer service, logistics, transportation, student training, legal compliance, and promoting the continuous improvement of the work study program to meet the ever-evolving employment needs of its clients and the educational needs of its students. This individual will collaborate closely with the senior leadership team on a wide variety of organizational decisions and will report directly to the President of CRSDHS.
• Cultivating a customer relationship management approach to sales and service that emphasizes responsiveness and accuracy
• Serving as a liaison to the Board of Directors for the Corporate Work Study Program
• Along with the President and Board members, managing the relationships with C-suite and other decision makers at current and prospective clients
• Driving client acquisition, retention, and growth
• Providing program services at market rate, and ensure that client billing and payment processes are timely and accurate
• Meeting annual CWSP employment benchmarks and revenue goals
• Maintaining the CWSP budget
• Collaborating with CRSDHS to coordinate a communications strategy for the work study program that maintains a high level of brand awareness
• Collaborating with the CRSDHS Director of Recruitment and Admissions to promote and answer questions regarding the CWSP experience for prospective students and their families, as well as conduct non-academic based assessments regarding a student’s employability
• Creating a professional framework that emphasizes work place skill development (technical and noncognitive) to support student employability and success in the workplace
• Collaborating with the CRSDHS Principal and school faculty to deepen curricular connections between what students learn in the classroom and in the workplace, improving performance in both settings
• Planning and execution of CWSP pre-matriculation training for incoming students
• Maintaining compliance with all legal, safety, and employment requirements (Federal, State, and local) for the work study program, as well as the employment agreements with clients
• Providing a quality work environment through teaming principles, effective leadership, and a positive attitude
• Supporting engagement with the Cristo Rey Network, including participation at CWSP-specific gatherings and Annual Meeting, as well as responding to routine and periodic requests for program specific data
Qualifications and Skills:
• Proven commitment and ability to serve and connect on a personal level with the diverse students and families, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders that comprise the Cristo Rey community
• History of success in meeting sales and performance goals
• At least five years of experience in a management role
• Persuasive communication style, with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional leadership and management skills
• Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively
• Familiarity with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
• Demonstrated commitment to faith-based education
• A desire to learn and be part of the unique Cristo Rey mission, recognizing the educational value and financial importance of the work study program
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cristo Rey San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are made in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws. Cristo Rey San Diego will not engage or tolerate unlawful discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.